Restore backup to new instance

Tze-John Tang

Jan 16, 2015, 4:28:42 PM1/16/15
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
I did not see this anywhere in the documentation. I have an older version of the software (2.1.3). I have a backup from that. Can I use that backup and import it into a a 2.2.4 instance? I tried

 stardog-admin db restore /opt/apps/stardog/dump/2015-01-15

But I end up with the error:
com.complexible.common.rdf.model.StardogURI; local class incompatible: stream classdesc serialVersionUID = 1415298725077989144, local class serialVersionUID = 8492682135904384990

Thanks,

-tj

Mike Grove

Jan 16, 2015, 8:15:50 PM1/16/15
to stardog
On Fri, Jan 16, 2015 at 4:28 PM, Tze-John Tang <tzejoh...@gmail.com> wrote:
I did not see this anywhere in the documentation. I have an older version of the software (2.1.3). I have a backup from that. Can I use that backup and import it into a a 2.2.4 instance? I tried

Yes, that's no problem.

 stardog-admin db restore /opt/apps/stardog/dump/2015-01-15

But I end up with the error:
com.complexible.common.rdf.model.StardogURI; local class incompatible: stream classdesc serialVersionUID = 1415298725077989144, local class serialVersionUID = 8492682135904384990

Did you upgrade Java as well?

Cheers,

Mike

Thanks,

-tj

--
-- --

TJ Tang

Jan 16, 2015, 9:47:22 PM1/16/15
to stardog
It is a box in AWS so I just used the default Java... looks like it is open JDK.. I will install the same JDK and try again.

Thanks,

-tj

Mike Grove

Jan 16, 2015, 10:07:28 PM1/16/15
to stardog
On Fri, Jan 16, 2015 at 9:47 PM, TJ Tang <ta...@pobox.com> wrote:
It is a box in AWS so I just used the default Java... looks like it is open JDK.. I will install the same JDK and try again.

If you can pass along the two versions of Java, we'd appreciate it.  We leverage the standard Java serialization mechanism for a few parts of the database metadata persistence.  It should work between JVM's, but I'd like to take a closer look.

Cheers,

Mike

Tze-John Tang

Jan 19, 2015, 2:45:01 PM1/19/15
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
Mike,

Maybe the problem is something different. I installed the sun JDK 1.7.0 on the AWS instance, and I am seeing the same error message. I also tried with another backup. Is there any way for me to test the validity of the backup without restoring over my existing instance? Also, if you have some location you want me to put it, I can put my backup somewhere as well.

-tj

Mike Grove

Jan 19, 2015, 2:48:21 PM1/19/15
to stardog
On Mon, Jan 19, 2015 at 2:45 PM, Tze-John Tang <tzejoh...@gmail.com> wrote:
Mike,

Maybe the problem is something different. I installed the sun JDK 1.7.0 on the AWS instance, and I am seeing the same error message. I also tried with another backup. Is there any way for me to test the validity of the backup without restoring over my existing instance? Also, if you have some location you want me to put it, I can put my backup somewhere as well.

Sure, I'll send you an email with the details.

Thanks.

Mike