Help with developing a Java Client using SNARL

guiller...@gmail.com

Feb 22, 2015, 10:48:06 AM2/22/15
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
Hello everybody,
We are having problems with a "simple" project.
We were asked to build an OWL ontology using protegé. After that, to do a simple implementation with Stardog by making a Java client app to show the queries to the DB, using SNARL.

But we are having a bad time with this..
We added the ontology to the DB, but we dont know how the structure of the Java Client should be, what libraries to import,
We don't even know how to even import/run the Examples of the documentation ( http://docs.stardog.com/#_examples_3 )

We are developing the Java code with Eclipse, and adding all the jars to the project doesnt work..

In previous Posts, I've seen that you can use Maven to add the Jars dependency to your project.. But Im not sure how it works..
In the documentation it says to run mavenInstall.bat (I use Windows) but here is what I get..

C:\stardog-2.2.4\bin>mavenInstall.bat
mavenInstall requires unzip, but unzip is not found - aborting.

Im sorry if I sound very newbie.. but the deadline is near and teachers can't help us with technical matters.
Thanks in advance
Cheers.

Mike Grove

Feb 23, 2015, 7:37:24 AM2/23/15
to stardog
On Sun, Feb 22, 2015 at 10:48 AM, <guiller...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello everybody,
We are having problems with a "simple" project.
We were asked to build an OWL ontology using protegé. After that, to do a simple implementation with Stardog by making a Java client app to show the queries to the DB, using SNARL.

But we are having a bad time with this..
We added the ontology to the DB, but we dont know how the structure of the Java Client should be, what libraries to import,
We don't even know how to even import/run the Examples of the documentation ( http://docs.stardog.com/#_examples_3 )

FYI, those examples are snippets from the examples included in the distribution, and provided here [1]

We are developing the Java code with Eclipse, and adding all the jars to the project doesnt work..

If adding "all" the jars doesn't work, you probably didnt add all the jars.  Double check your classpath in Eclipse and make sure you really added all of them.

In previous Posts, I've seen that you can use Maven to add the Jars dependency to your project.. But Im not sure how it works..
In the documentation it says to run mavenInstall.bat (I use Windows) but here is what I get..

C:\stardog-2.2.4\bin>mavenInstall.bat
mavenInstall requires unzip, but unzip is not found - aborting.

Sounds like your system does not have unzip which is required for that script to work.

Also note that the maven installation only installs the client jars, you have to install the server jars manually, or run the server separate from your code.

Cheers,

Mike

--
-- --