Reasoning with subproperty and annotation

James Chen

Jun 4, 2014, 6:14:42 PM6/4/14
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
I ran into problem where the Stardog reasoner does not seem to be working properly for subproperties and annotations:

Here's the test data I have:

<http://Test#prop1> rdf:type owl:ObjectProperty
<http://Test#prop2> rdf:type owl:ObjectProperty
<http://Test#prop2> rdfs:subPropertyOf <http://Test#prop1>

<http://Test#anno1> rdf:type owl:AnnotationProperty

<http://Test#obj1> <http://Test#anno1> "Object 1"^^xsd:string
<http://Test#obj2> <http://Test#anno1> "Object 2"^^xsd:string

Now when I do the following query (with reasoning set to SL):

select * where { <http://Test#sub1> <http://Test#prop1> ?o .}

I get

as expected since prop2 is a subProperty of prop1

However when I then try to get the annotations associated with each objects:

select * where { <http://Test#sub1> <http://Test#prop1> ?o . ?o <http://Test#anno1> ?n .}

I get only:

on
 http://Test#obj1Object 1

What's happening here?  Are there any known issues that would cause the results inferred through subproperties to be dropped when an annotation is queried?

I've checked the annotations just in case and it is what we would expect:

select * where { ?s <http://Test#anno1> ?o . }

so
 http://Test#obj1Object 1
 http://Test#obj2Object 2

James

Héctor Pérez-Urbina

Jun 5, 2014, 5:14:37 PM6/5/14
to stardog
Dear James,

Thank you for pointing this out. We'll include the fix in the next release.

--
-- --

Best,
Héctor