none of the community edition processes will execute on my machine

dennis....@mphasis.com

Jan 24, 2013, 3:43:10 PM1/24/13
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
I downloaded the windows copy. I''m using an Intel i5 running 32 bit XP pro. I get fatal errors - can't start the JVM. The service install program says this: "Unknown processor architecture x86. The supported processor architectures are AMD64 and IA64". Did I pick the wrong download? Thx.

Michael Soren

Jan 24, 2013, 4:36:41 PM1/24/13
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
To use Stardog with Windows XP Professional and a 32-bit JVM:
- use Java version 6.0_17 or better, and
- modify the startup script stardog-admin.bat to:
. delete the "-Xmx2g" and "-Xms2g" parameters in the
STARDOG_JAVA_ARGS line
. delete the "-XX:+UseCompressedOops" parameter in the last command

Because of the memory limitations of Windows XP, you'll be limited in
the amount of data you can load into Stardog. Also, you won't be able
to run Stardog as a windows service, since the Windows service wrapper
is for 64-bit systems only.

Cheers,
Michael Soren