Revisiting access to named graph export via HTTP and SNARL

jrh...@thematix.com

Jun 14, 2015, 2:36:43 AM6/14/15
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
My application is a node.js application that uses Stardog as a repository for a business/technical vocabulary. Both aBox and TBox data change frequently.
Some TBox data is updated using external tools like Protege. I store each ontology as a named graph and would like to offer authorized users the opportunity to download a named graph/ontology via the browser and to upload/replace/insert a named graph/ontology also via the browser. I can do this by running the stardog-admin export command from node.js, but it would be much nicer if the export command could be executed via HTTP (probably POST). The application is using Stardog.js, which uses HTTP, not SNARL. But, as I read Mike Grove's reply to a similar query in 2013, the export function is not supported in either HTTP or SNARL. Is it still the policy to only provide this function via stardog-admin?
Jim

Michael Grove

Jun 15, 2015, 6:51:06 AM6/15/15
to stardog
On Sun, Jun 14, 2015 at 2:36 AM, <jrh...@thematix.com> wrote:
My application is a node.js application that uses Stardog as a repository for a business/technical vocabulary. Both aBox and TBox data change frequently.
Some TBox data is updated using external tools like Protege. I store each ontology as a named graph and would like to offer authorized users the opportunity to download a named graph/ontology via the browser and to upload/replace/insert a named graph/ontology also via the browser. I can do this by running the stardog-admin export command from node.js, but it would be much nicer if the export command could be executed via HTTP (probably POST). The application is using Stardog.js, which uses HTTP, not SNARL. But, as I read Mike Grove's reply to a similar query in 2013, the export function is not supported in either HTTP or SNARL. Is it still the policy to only provide this function via stardog-admin?

No, a lot has changed in two years.  Export is part of the client API now [1].

Cheers,

Mike

Jim

--
-- --

Edgar Rodriguez

Jun 15, 2015, 9:24:25 AM6/15/15
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
Export is included in Stardog.js v0.3.0, you can find an example of how to use it in the test case at [1].

Cheers,
Edgar