Adding large file to a db

nemanja.vu...@sbgenomics.com

May 18, 2016, 8:56:18 AM5/18/16
to Stardog
I've downloaded Stardog Community Edition to test it out. I have a dataset in RDF/XML format of ~2GB and I can't add it to an already created database. First I tried using the admin but as the file is too large I switched to command line import. So I ran ./stardog data add -f RDF/XML knowledge_base kb.xml and after ~30 seconds or so Stardog only gives out the following: "There was a fatal failure during preparation of ea60e75b-2d71-4cd9-b87f-e200d36aeb81". Every time I try to run it it gives out the same error with a different hash. I tried to import an other file which was considerably smaller using the same approach and it worked. How can I import a large dataset I have?

Thanks

Evren Sirin

May 18, 2016, 9:39:19 AM5/18/16
to Stardog
Community edition has a limit of 25 million triples in a database.
Your file probably has more triples in it. If the error message client
display is not informative you can always look at stardog.log where
there will be a more detailed error message. If you would like to test
Stardog with more than 25M triples then you should get the 30-day
evaluation license.

Best,
Evren
> --
> -- --

Marcel Karnstedt-Hulpus

May 19, 2016, 6:03:46 AM5/19/16
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
Message has been deleted

nemanja.vu...@sbgenomics.com

May 19, 2016, 6:32:41 AM5/19/16
to Stardog
Well, in my db I have ~17 million triples so I presume that's not the issue?

Some other course of action?

Thanks,
Nemanja

Michael Grove

May 19, 2016, 6:45:54 AM5/19/16
to stardog
Can you provide your stardog.log file?

Cheers,

Mike

nemanja.vu...@sbgenomics.com

May 19, 2016, 6:55:26 AM5/19/16
to Stardog
This worked. The part of adding the data at the time of creation. Thanks

Michael Grove

May 19, 2016, 6:57:26 AM5/19/16
to stardog
On Thu, May 19, 2016 at 6:55 AM, <nemanja.vu...@sbgenomics.com> wrote:
This worked. The part of adding the data at the time of creation. Thanks

You might have not been giving the server enough memory for a transaction of that size. There is memory overhead for performing a transaction that bulk loading at creation time does not have.

Cheers,

Mike