Bulk Load lock

Tze-John Tang

Jun 27, 2014, 12:34:12 PM6/27/14
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
I don't know if it is my system setup or not, but when I am doing bulk loads into the system (currently doing from the CLI via stardog data add), it is pretty much locked up and I cannot do any other queries from it.
From a CPU/IO perspective I am not seeing anything pegged. The web interface is also non-responsive during this time.

-tj

Tze-John Tang

Jun 27, 2014, 12:36:38 PM6/27/14
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
To follow up with more details. The command line query I executed just returned while the load was still going on. On the results page I see that the query executed in .389 seconds. So something must be holding it up before it even gets to the query execution. But when the query runs, is it fast.

-tj

Mike Grove

Jun 27, 2014, 12:39:06 PM6/27/14
to stardog
On Fri, Jun 27, 2014 at 12:34 PM, Tze-John Tang <tzejoh...@gmail.com> wrote:
I don't know if it is my system setup or not, but when I am doing bulk loads into the system (currently doing from the CLI via stardog data add),

fwiw, `data add` does not perform a bulk load like what happens during database creation, it simply adds the data into the database.

it is pretty much locked up and I cannot do any other queries from it.
From a CPU/IO perspective I am not seeing anything pegged. The web interface is also non-responsive during this time.

As I've already mentioned, this is an issue on 2.1.3 where the client is sending data to the server faster than it can be processed when an attempt to add a large file via data add is performed.  This has been resolved for the next release.

Cheers,

Mike

-tj

--