Versioning

Philipp Schindler

Aug 19, 2014, 11:46:18 AM8/19/14
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
Hi,

I'm currently evualating Stardog for use in a research project.
Fundamental requirement for us is the versioning cababilties of RDF tripples.
According to http://docs.stardog.com/using/#sd-Versioning there is some kind of versioning support in stardog.

My problem is that every time I try to run a vcs command like:
    stardog vcs commit --add add_file1.ttl add_file2.ttl --remove remove_file.ttl -m "This is an example commit" myDb
I get the following error message:
    Cannot query version history, versioning is not enabled for this database

How do I enable versioning for a existing or new database?
Is there any other documentation for the versioning support than http://docs.stardog.com/using/#sd-Versioning or the vcs man pages?

Thanks,
Philipp Schindler

Evren Sirin

Aug 19, 2014, 11:55:35 AM8/19/14
to Stardog
You need to set the versioning.enabled property to true to use
versioning features. You can do this at db creation time:

$ stardog-admin db create -o versioning.enabled=true -n myDB filesToLoad

Or you can set it later with the following commands:

$ stardog-admin db offline myDB
$ stardog-admin metadata set -o versioning.enabled=true -n myDB
$ stardog-admin db online myDB

This property cannot be set through the webconsole at this point.

Best,
Evren
> --
> -- --