failure at Stardog server start

Daniel

Oct 24, 2014, 10:24:22 AM10/24/14
to sta...@clarkparsia.com

I’ve recently downloaded Stardog 2.2.2 Community (in Windows 6.1.7) and set its home directory at \stardog-2.2.2, containing the stardog-license-key.bin.

Every time I try to start the Stardog server with “stardog-admin.bat server start”, I get the error: ‘stardog-admin.bat’ is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
Can't figure out what's wrong. Thanks very much for assistance.

Mike Grove

Oct 24, 2014, 12:17:49 PM10/24/14
to stardog
Sounds like it can't find the .bat file, are you running that from the bin directory of your installation?

Cheers,

Mike

--
-- --

Lyman, Daniel [USA]

Oct 24, 2014, 12:32:53 PM10/24/14
to sta...@clarkparsia.com

Yep, stardog-admin.bat is in the bin directory

Mike Grove

Oct 24, 2014, 12:39:26 PM10/24/14
to stardog
On Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 12:32 PM, Lyman, Daniel [USA] <Lyman_...@bah.com> wrote:

Yep, stardog-admin.bat is in the bin directory

Sure, but are you *executing* it from that directory?  It's not a system wide command, you have to run it from where it is located.

Cheers,

Mike

Lyman, Daniel [USA]

Oct 24, 2014, 1:16:27 PM10/24/14
to sta...@clarkparsia.com

As far as I can tell, I have tried executing the server start command from both the bin and the stardog-2.2.2 directories.

When executed from the bin directory, I get error: ‘java’ is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

When executed from stardog-2.2.2 directory, I get error: ‘stardog-admin.bat’ is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Thanks,

Dan

Mike Grove

Oct 24, 2014, 1:19:43 PM10/24/14
to stardog
On Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 1:10 PM, Lyman, Daniel [USA] <Lyman_...@bah.com> wrote:

As far as I can tell, I have tried executing the server start command from both the bin and the stardog-2.2.2 directories.

When executed from the bin directory, I get error: ‘java’ is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Stardog requires Java to be installed on your system.

Cheers,

Mike

Lyman, Daniel [USA]

Oct 24, 2014, 1:27:12 PM10/24/14
to sta...@clarkparsia.com

I have a java dir in Program Files (x86)

Mike Grove

Oct 24, 2014, 2:09:56 PM10/24/14
to stardog
On Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 1:27 PM, Lyman, Daniel [USA] <Lyman_...@bah.com> wrote:

I have a java dir in Program Files (x86)

Sounds like it's not in your PATH then.

Lyman, Daniel [USA]

Oct 24, 2014, 2:52:00 PM10/24/14
to sta...@clarkparsia.com