Issue with VALUES in Stardog 3.0

Tze-John Tang

Mar 30, 2015, 10:17:21 AM3/30/15
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
I am querying a store with multiple named graphs.  I came across where results returned using the VALUES keyword is inconsistent.  Here is an example query, executed with Reasoning turned off.

select *
where
{
  graph ?g {

?s a owl:Class .
    VALUES (?s) {
    }
  }

}

If there is a graph that contains these class definitions, then the correct ?g value is returned, if these are not defined anywhere, then nothing is returned, which is correct.  However, if I change select * to select ?g or select distinct ?g, then any graph that contains class definitions is returned. This is not what I am expecting.  Is this correct behavior?

Thanks,

-tj

Evren Sirin

Mar 30, 2015, 1:47:58 PM3/30/15
to Stardog
No, this is not the correct behavior. It is not a generic issue with
VALUES keyword but happens when the variable bound by VALUES is used
only in one triple pattern in the query and not included in the
SELECT. We'll fix this in the next release.

Best,
Evren