error at starting stardog 4.1EE

PaulZH

May 20, 2016, 1:44:06 PM5/20/16
to Stardog

./stardog-admin server start

There was an error initializing Stardog; one or more dependencies could not be satisfied. Please verify your classpath is correct.

The initialization errors were:

 * Error in custom provider, java.lang.NullPointerException

com.complexible.stardog.security.SecurityModule.configure(SecurityModule.java:63) (via modules: com.google.inject.util.Modules$OverrideModule -> com.complexible.stardog.security.SecurityModule -> com.google.inject.multibindings.Multibinder$RealMultibinder)

com.complexible.stardog.BaseStardogModule.getSecurityManager() (via modules: com.google.inject.util.Modules$OverrideModule -> com.complexible.stardog.BaseStardogModule)

com.complexible.stardog.security.ldap.LDAPRealmFactory.<init>()

com.complexible.stardog.StardogKernel

com.complexible.stardog.security.DefaultNamedGraphSecurityManager

com.complexible.stardog.BaseStardogModule.getSystemSecurityManager() (via modules: com.google.inject.util.Modules$OverrideModule -> com.complexible.stardog.BaseStardogModule)

com.complexible.stardog.security.SecurityModule.configure(SecurityModule.java:51) (via modules: com.google.inject.util.Modules$OverrideModule -> com.complexible.stardog.security.SecurityModule)

com.complexible.stardog.BaseStardogModule.getSecurityManager()

com.complexible.stardog.security.StardogSecurityManagerImpl

com.complexible.stardog.security.DefaultNamedGraphSecurityManager.<init>()

com.complexible.stardog.StardogKernel.<init>()

com.complexible.stardog.security.ldap.LDAPRealmFactory

com.complexible.stardog.security.StardogSecurityManagerImpl.<init>()

  Caused by:

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.complexible.stardog.security.impl.AbstractExistingSecurityResourcesLoader.needsRefresh(AbstractExistingSecurityResourcesLoader.java:130)

at com.complexible.stardog.security.impl.AbstractExistingSecurityResourcesLoader.existingUsers(AbstractExistingSecurityResourcesLoader.java:138)

at com.complexible.stardog.security.index.IndexAuthenticationManager.refresh(IndexAuthenticationManager.java:109)

at com.complexible.stardog.security.index.IndexAuthenticationManager.<init>(IndexAuthenticationManager.java:77)

at com.complexible.stardog.security.index.IndexBackedSystemSecurityManager.<init>(IndexBackedSystemSecurityManager.java:66)

at com.complexible.stardog.security.index.IndexSystemSecurityManagerFactory.create(IndexSystemSecurityManagerFactory.java:65)

Any suggestion where to look?

Michael Grove

May 20, 2016, 2:08:09 PM5/20/16
to stardog
This is with an existing home directory?

Cheers,

Mike

--
-- --

Zachary Whitley

May 20, 2016, 2:09:12 PM5/20/16
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
Looks like you might be missing a jar. If it's a fresh install you can just try unzipping the install file and copying over the license file. Don't forget to either adjust STARDOG_HOME or swap the old install with the new one. If you already have data in there you can try comparing the directories to see if you're missing a jar with

$> diff -rq stardog_old stardog_new | grep *.jar

If it shows anything missing you can just copy the jar over. You might have accidentally deleted a jar but it's tough to imagine how you would have accidentally deleted a single jar but if that's the case it's an easy fix so you might as well check.

You might want to include any details particular to your installation like win/Linux, if you are using ldap for auth, etc.
--
-- --
---

Paul Hermans

May 20, 2016, 2:13:25 PM5/20/16
to sta...@clarkparsia.com

Solved.

Used an older STARDOG_HOME.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Paul

Kind Regards,

Paul Hermans

-------------------------

ProXML bvba

Linked Data services

(tw)  @PaulZH

Narcisweg 17

3140 Keerbergen

Belgium

ODEdu – Innovative Open Data Education and Training based on PBL and Learning Analytics - http://odedu-project.eu/

OpenGovIntelligence  – Public Administration Modernization by exploiting Linked Open Statistical Data  - http://www.opengovintelligence.eu

OpenCube – Linked Open Statistical Data - http://opencube-project.eu/

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Stardog" group.

Michael Grove

May 20, 2016, 3:09:21 PM5/20/16
to stardog
On Fri, May 20, 2016 at 2:13 PM, Paul Hermans <pa...@proxml.be> wrote:

Solved.

Used an older STARDOG_HOME.

What version was it created with? I just started a fresh install of 4.1 with both a 4.0.5 and 3.1.4 home and it started up just fine.

Is this your first time starting 4.1 with that particular home directory?

Thanks for the suggestions.

Let us know if any of those resolve it for you?

Cheers,

Mike

Paul Hermans

May 21, 2016, 4:49:27 AM5/21/16
to sta...@clarkparsia.com

From: Michael Grove <mi...@stardog.com>
Date: Friday 20 May 2016 at 21:09
To: stardog <sta...@clarkparsia.com>
Subject: Re: [stardog-users] error at starting stardog 4.1EE

On Fri, May 20, 2016 at 2:13 PM, Paul Hermans <pa...@proxml.be> wrote:

Solved.

Used an older STARDOG_HOME.

I created a new one and that worked.

>What version was it created with? I just started a fresh install of 4.1 with both a 4.0.5 and 3.1.4 home and >it started up just fine.

I created a new stardog home. I did get the error when using the home used with 4.0.5.

>Is this your first time starting 4.1 with that particular home directory?

With the new one yes.

Mark James

Jun 1, 2016, 8:57:33 AM6/1/16
to Stardog
Hi Mike,
I'm experiencing the same error when trying to Start 4.1 using a 4.0.5 stardog home.

I'm simply stopping the server using the 4.0.5 binaries and then trying to restart with the 4.1 binaries.

I get the following error -

There was an error initializing Stardog; one or more dependencies could not be satisfied. Please verify your classpath is correct.

(Full error attached)

I didn't think I would have to change anything else?

Using an new empty stardog home works just fine.

Any suggestions?

cheers

Mark

stardog 4.1 error.rtf

Michael Grove

Jun 1, 2016, 9:08:21 AM6/1/16
to stardog
Can you provide a zipped copy of your STARDOG_HOME directory so we can reproduce the issue locally?

Cheers,

Mike

Rick Moynihan

Jun 1, 2016, 9:09:58 AM6/1/16
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
I've also seen this error.  I can't remember if it happened when I accidentally tried to use a 4.1 database on a 4.0.5 system or the other way round though.

Starting with a fresh database solved it for me.

R.

Mark James

Jun 1, 2016, 9:16:31 AM6/1/16
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
Sure, I assume you want the db's as well? It's 514 mb zipped.

Shall I drop box it or is there somewhere I can ftp it to?
Mark James | Smarta Systems Pty Ltd
+61 433 922 944mja...@smarta.io | smarta.io

Michael Grove

Jun 1, 2016, 9:18:50 AM6/1/16
to stardog
On Wed, Jun 1, 2016 at 9:16 AM, Mark James <mja...@smarta.io> wrote:
Sure, I assume you want the db's as well? It's 514 mb zipped.

Actually, just the `system` directory might be sufficient. That's easier to send. If that doesn't reproduce it, we can arrange sending the complete directory.

Cheers,

Mike

Zachary Whitley

Jun 1, 2016, 9:23:04 AM6/1/16
to Stardog
I'm not show what your exact setup is but you might want to consider separating the db files from the stardog install. The default install combines the db locations with the install which is great for a quick start but can cause headaches for upgrading. [1]

You can separate the two by setting STARDOG_HOME to the location for your db files to something like /var/lib/stardog and moving your license file there and setting the env variable STARDOG to the install location like /opt/stardog. That way when you upgrade you just need up update STARDOG and everything should be good. I haven't messed around with trying to maintain two separate versions at the same time though.

[1] http://docs.stardog.com/#_upgrading_stardog_server

Mark James

Jun 1, 2016, 9:23:39 AM6/1/16
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
Thanks Mike, sent.

Paul Hermans

Jun 1, 2016, 9:25:46 AM6/1/16
to sta...@clarkparsia.com

Hi Zachary,

FWIW.

I had a similar problem with the setup as you described (having a separate STARDOG_HOME). I did get rid of the error by creating a fresh/different STARDOG_HOME.

Michael Grove

Jun 1, 2016, 11:52:13 AM6/1/16
to stardog
I was able to reproduce this, the issue number is 2963 and it will be fixed in the next release.

Cheers,

Mike