Stardog versioning for CRUD via Sesame ?

oklma...@gmail.com

Sep 1, 2015, 5:44:17 AM9/1/15
to Stardog
As I understand from http://docs.stardog.com/man/vcs-commit.html and http://docs.stardog.com/#_versioning ,  Stardog is able to do versioning for triple changes but it seems to be only limited to via file.

So I am wondering if there are support for it if the triples are inserted via Sesame or the Java API ? If it is supported, where are the documentation that helps explain how it can be done ?

Thanks.

Michael Grove

Sep 1, 2015, 7:39:24 AM9/1/15
to stardog
On Tue, Sep 1, 2015 at 5:44 AM, <oklma...@gmail.com> wrote:
As I understand from http://docs.stardog.com/man/vcs-commit.html and http://docs.stardog.com/#_versioning ,  Stardog is able to do versioning for triple changes but it seems to be only limited to via file.

So I am wondering if there are support for it if the triples are inserted via Sesame or the Java API ? If it is supported, where are the documentation that helps explain how it can be done ?

There's no access to the versioning support via Sesame because there is no analog in their API.  You can get a `VersioningConnection` [1] via `Connection#as` to work with the versioning support.

You can see some example code for using the API at [2].

Cheers,

Mike

Thanks.

--
-- --

Evren Sirin

Sep 1, 2015, 9:41:45 AM9/1/15
to Stardog
There is no way to specify commit messages via Sesame but if you set
versioning.enabled to true and make changes to your database (through
Sesame or any other means) you'll see that versions are created. You
can see the version history using either the CLI or the API but there
will no commit messages. If you want to have commit messages for your
versions, you'll have to use the SNARL API as Mike pointed out.

Best,
Evren