windows *.bat files and STARDOG_HOME

Patrick Logan

Oct 3, 2013, 5:28:09 PM10/3/13
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
New here. Regrettably, I need to run some things on Windows 7... When I installed stardog (2.0) I also created a STARDOG_HOME variable and put %STARDOG_HOME%\bin on the path.

The *.bat shells are using the current directory and assuming it is the stardog home directory. But everything seems to work fine when I edit the scripts to use %STARDOG_HOME% and run them from another directory, finding the scripts on the PATH

Is there any reason not to do this?

Stephen Nowell

Oct 4, 2013, 10:35:59 AM10/4/13
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
Hi Patrick,

For clarification, the STARDOG_HOME variable refers to the folder where the license and databases are to live. The location where the bin folder lives (the install location) is independent of STARDOG_HOME. Your Stardog install *can* be in STARDOG_HOME, but it doesn't have to be.

With that said, we have addressed this issue with the *.bat scripts and in the 2.0.1 release they will only assume the location of the install directory to be wherever they live. STARDOG_HOME will only be set if it's not already defined, and an external location for it will work correctly. Until that release, your workaround is fine.

Thanks!
-Stephen

--
-- --