Does Stardog support reasoning during SPARQL updates?

James Chen

Apr 6, 2014, 11:45:42 PM4/6/14
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
Hi

Suppose I have

A subClassOf B
a1, a2 rdf:type A

Is there a setting where the instances a1 and a2 would be removed if I execute the following SPARQL update over the Stardog HTTP update endpoint?

DELETE { ?s ?p ?o .}  WHERE { ?s ?p ?o.  ?s rdf:type B}

I just tried a few examples and it seems that I have to explicitly say WHERE { ?s ?p ?o.  ?s rdf:type A} for this to work, even if I set reasoning='SL' in SD-Connection-String.

Mike Grove

Apr 7, 2014, 12:01:36 PM4/7/14
to stardog
No, reasoning is not used for executing update queries at the moment.

Cheers,

Mike

--
-- --