Hardcoded reference to outdated JSON-LD-Java class

Peter Ansell

Aug 10, 2014, 11:52:26 PM8/10/14
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
Hi,

I am running into the following issue due to a hardcoded link to an old version (~16 months ago) of the JSON-LD-Java library that I attempted to remove just by eliminating the jar file, to replace it with a current version.

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: de/dfki/km/json/jsonld/impl/SesameJSONLDWriterFactory
    at com.complexible.stardog.Stardog.init(Stardog.java:136)
    at com.complexible.stardog.Stardog.<clinit>(Stardog.java:64)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: de.dfki.km.json.jsonld.impl.SesameJSONLDWriterFactory
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:360)
    at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:308)
    ... 27 more

Not sure if you are aware but that version of the library is not likely to generate valid JSON-LD-1.0 documents, as the specification was heavily updated since we moved to using the com.github.jsonldjava namespace on its way to becoming a W3C recommendation.

The distributed jar file for jsonld-java-sesame has the META-INF/services/org.openrdf.rio.RDFWriterFactory file and it seems to point to the right class so not sure why it was necessary to hardcode the link in the first place as everything should just work using java.util.ServiceLoader as for the other Rio parsers/writers.

Cheers,

Peter

Mike Grove

Aug 12, 2014, 8:34:32 AM8/12/14
to stardog
Thanks for pointing this out.  We've used the old version of that library for quite some time, we'll switch over to the latest.

Cheers,

Mike

Cheers,

Peter