Stardog installation

1 view

rosemar...@rocketmail.com

Oct 30, 2013, 12:22:27 PM10/30/13
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
Hello everyone,
I am currently tak
ing a course in semantic web technologies. I am supposed to prepare a seminar presentation on Stardog. I have downloaded the software but I cannot understand the instructions in the quick startup guide. Can someone please help me with the step by step process to install Stardog on my system? I need help urgently

Kendall Clark

Oct 30, 2013, 12:25:09 PM10/30/13
to stardog
What part of the quick start guide don't you understand?

Specific questions are more easily answered than general ones, FYI.

Cheers,
Kendall

--
-- --

rosemar...@rocketmail.com

Oct 30, 2013, 12:37:10 PM10/30/13
to sta...@clarkparsia.com, rosemar...@rocketmail.com
Please forgive if am sounding too basic or annoying. I have no idea what to do
Step 1:First, tell Stardog where its home directory (where databases and other files will be stored) is: $ export STARDOG_HOME=/data/stardog
Am I supposed to execute the statement in command prompt ?

Kendall Clark

Oct 30, 2013, 12:54:07 PM10/30/13
to stardog, rosemar...@rocketmail.com
Yes. Everything that has the "$..." in front is a command to be entered into a prompt...On a Unix or OSX system.

Windows is different. Someone else here will have to advise if you are on Windows.

Cheers,
Kendall

rosemar...@rocketmail.com

Oct 30, 2013, 1:00:58 PM10/30/13
to sta...@clarkparsia.com, rosemar...@rocketmail.com

am on Windows

Kendall Clark

Oct 30, 2013, 1:17:07 PM10/30/13
to stardog, rosemar...@rocketmail.com
You should probably ask someone who can help you to follow the Quick Start Guide and knows how to do stuff on Windows. We're not really setup to give general Windows tutorial advice, much as I wish we could help you. No one here is a Windows user.

Cheers,
Kendall

Stephen Nowell

Oct 30, 2013, 1:26:05 PM10/30/13
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
Hi,

The setting of a STARDOG_HOME environment variable is actually optional for Windows. If it's not set, the .bat scripts will set a default value of your installation directory (the unzipped Stardog distribution with the bin, client, server, etc. folders). If you're OK with that also being your home directory, you can just copy your license key (stardog-license-key.bin) in there and proceed with starting up your server as shown in the quick start guide. If you cd into the bin folder of your install, the commands will work as shown in the guide.

Hope this helps,
-Stephen

Stephen Nowell

Oct 30, 2013, 1:28:31 PM10/30/13
to rosemar...@rocketmail.com, sta...@clarkparsia.com

rosemar...@rocketmail.com

Oct 30, 2013, 1:38:40 PM10/30/13
to sta...@clarkparsia.com, rosemar...@rocketmail.com
Thank you very much. Stardog has started. I am very grateful to you Kendall and Stephen