Import progress

Daniel Stieglitz

Jul 9, 2013, 12:22:11 PM7/9/13
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
Hi guys:

Is there any way to get progress reports on bulk input? I have a .ttl file with approx 1.4M triples and I'd like to get some kind of status when doing a CLI "add".

Dan

Rob Vesse

Jul 9, 2013, 12:26:13 PM7/9/13
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
It goes to the stardog.log file in your STARDOG_HOME directory

You will see log lines noting the number of triples imported and the import speed.

Rob

--
-- --

Mike Grove

Jul 9, 2013, 1:54:17 PM7/9/13
to stardog
On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 12:22 PM, Daniel Stieglitz <dstie...@stainlesscode.com> wrote:
Hi guys:

Is there any way to get progress reports on bulk input? I have a .ttl file with approx 1.4M triples and I'd like to get some kind of status when doing a CLI "add".

'data add' from the CLI does not bulk load, for what it's worth.  That will go through the normal transaction & data add sequence; the bulk loader is only available when you create a database.

You'll get better performance from data add if you perform the add in smaller chunks.

Rob is correct that progress for a normal bulk load during database creation is spit out to stardog.log, we don't have the same kind of progress monitor for normal updates to the database, so you just have to wait for it to finish.

Cheers,

Mike

Daniel Stieglitz

Jul 9, 2013, 2:23:37 PM7/9/13
to sta...@clarkparsia.com, stardog
Sorry I meant import to a named database

Sent from Mailbox for iPhone