Licensed customer download?

Conrad Leonard

Jun 10, 2015, 11:21:53 PM6/10/15
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
Hi;
As a licensed customer (running 3.x), currently when I want to upgrade to a bugfix or minor release version I hit the link http://stardog.com/#download, provide contact & org details and download from URL provided in the return email, i.e. go through all the same steps as for a first-time downloader of Stardog. Is there a means to circumvent this? It's no big deal of course but it feels a little odd as a customer to have "signed up" 3 or 4 times just to get incremental releases.

One suggestion:
A fourth radio button "Existing customer". Selecting this option grays-out the Email, Name and Organization fields, and an identifier field becomes available prompting for e.g. registered customer email, license key file name, etc. --- I don't know if/how you internally identify customers.
Return email to registered customer has a link to the binary but no license key.

Michael Grove

Jun 11, 2015, 7:13:08 AM6/11/15
to stardog
Yes, for now, that's the preferred method.  We're working in a portal for our customers where they'll be able to access the latest versions that will be similar to what you suggest.

Cheers,

Mike

--
-- --