4.0 running fails on Mac

Rui Li

Nov 23, 2015, 7:50:56 PM11/23/15
to Stardog
hi,

I installed 4.0 on my mac also updated the java to 8. However, still go errors like this:

ruili1$ export STARDOG_HOME=/Users/ruili1/WORKSPACE/TOOLS/stardog-4.0-RC3

ruili1$ bin/stardog-admin server start

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/complexible/stardog/cli/admin/CLI : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0

at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:142)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:449)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:71)

at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:308)

at sun.launcher.LauncherHelper.checkAndLoadMain(LauncherHelper.java:482)

What is wrong? Thanks!

Pavel Klinov

Nov 23, 2015, 8:09:30 PM11/23/15
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
Rui,

This probably means there's more than one JVM installed on your Mac and you're using a <8 version to run Stardog.

You may use java -version and /usr/libexec/java_home to see what's going on.

Cheers,
Pavel

--
-- --

Zachary Whitley

Nov 23, 2015, 8:13:04 PM11/23/15
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
It looks like you're still running an old version of Java.  Double check that you're actually running the version you think.

You also might want to update the Stardog version as well. It looks like you're running 4.0-RC3 and the latest version is 4.0.
--
-- --
---

Rui Li

Nov 23, 2015, 11:38:51 PM11/23/15
to Stardog

Thanks! I updated to java 8 and 4.0 and it works well now.