BUG REPORT: Stardog 2.03 explain throws Null Pointer Exception & Stardog 2.1 cannot load ontologies

Λάζαρος Ιωαννίδης

Jan 24, 2014, 6:25:39 AM1/24/14
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
Hi,

I am tried to to use the attached ontology to do some inference. I have two separate issues:

1. For Stardog 2.03, in the SPARQL endpoint for the query

SELECT ?s {
}

i get

as a result for the ?s binding and RDFS inference enabled. While this could be true for the ontology (it was designed by others, in Protege), it is not expected, so I would like it explained.

I put this line in a file named explain.nt:

and then issued the command:

stardog reasoning explain "myDB;reasoning=RDFS" explain.nt

This one gives Java.lang.nullPointerException.

I found a similar report in this forum, that said this was a known issue and that it would be fixed in the future.

2. When I saw 2.1 was released I hoped it would have fixed it. So I downloaded and installed it, but now I get:

java.lang.AbstractMethodError

everytime i try to create a database.

Could you please help?

Mike Grove

Jan 24, 2014, 7:41:32 AM1/24/14
to stardog
On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 6:25 AM, Λάζαρος Ιωαννίδης <lar...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I am tried to to use the attached ontology to do some inference. I have two separate issues:

1. For Stardog 2.03, in the SPARQL endpoint for the query

SELECT ?s {
}

The ontology at that location is not valid, Rule-12 is defined twice which makes it invalid RDF.

i get

as a result for the ?s binding and RDFS inference enabled. While this could be true for the ontology (it was designed by others, in Protege), it is not expected, so I would like it explained.

I put this line in a file named explain.nt:

and then issued the command:

stardog reasoning explain "myDB;reasoning=RDFS" explain.nt

This one gives Java.lang.nullPointerException.

I found a similar report in this forum, that said this was a known issue and that it would be fixed in the future.

2. When I saw 2.1 was released I hoped it would have fixed it. So I downloaded and installed it, but now I get:

java.lang.AbstractMethodError

everytime i try to create a database.

Could you please help?

AbstractMethodError would seem to indicate that you've got some jars mixed up.

Once I clean up your ontology so it loads, I get the explanation of

:Coming_from_Department_of rdfs:domain :Student

For your explain.nt example.

You might double check that you have a 2.1 client talking to a 2.1 server.

Cheers,

Mike

--
-- --