Stardog Logging and Monitoring

sayye...@gmail.com

Apr 15, 2016, 6:19:20 AM4/15/16
to Stardog
Hi,

we have enterprise licence of stardog cluster, we're using http for querying the stardog nodes...

Where can I see the logs (which query got fired) and genral logging... (stardog.log only logs db creation and failures) but not the access logs...

I also want to monitor the performance and http://localhost:5820/#/monitor only shows CPU % and Heap % but not the other fields..

Can anyone help me with this??

Cheers,
Atiq

Evren Sirin

Apr 20, 2016, 12:37:38 PM4/20/16
to Stardog
The CLI command `stardog-admin server status` shows more detailed
information about memory usage and displays some other metrics such as
number of running queries, average query execution time, etc. The
command `stardog-admin query list` will list info about current
running queries and --verbose option shows query strings as well.

For logging, you have two different options. You can enable access
logging [1] which will log all connection events and queries. The
access log is in protobuf format so you'd need to read it with
protobuf reader. The other option is to use slow query log [2] but set
the time threshold to 0 in the configuration
`logging.slow_query.time=0` so all queries are logged. Configuration
options are explained in more detail in this example [3].

Best,
Evren

[1] http://docs.stardog.com/#_access_audit_logging
[2] http://docs.stardog.com/#_slow_query_logging