installation windows doesn't work

annelor...@gmail.com

Feb 23, 2015, 6:21:19 AM2/23/15
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
Hello,

i've been trying to install stardog on windows. I know you're not particularly fond of windows, but i'm not really and expert here and i just can't seem to figure something out.

I've installed and unpacked the zipfile into C: and called it STARDOG_HOME. I have copied the license key into the STARDOG_HOME folder, along where the bin, client, docs, etc. folders are.

When i'm in my command propt, like this: C:\STARDOG_HOME> and i try the following: stardog-admin.bat server start, i get this:  'stardog-admin.bat' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Then i went to the bin folder and tried the stardog-admin.bat server start from that folder. I did not get a message or anything, it just did nothing (didn't start anything) and gave me back the following:

C:\STARDOG_HOME\bin>

I do notice though that it thinks for maybe a quarter of a second before it gives me back C:\STARDOG_HOME\bin> but nothing actually happens.

Can someone please help me? I would really appreciate it!
textfile stardog.txt

Mike Grove

Feb 23, 2015, 7:32:50 AM2/23/15
to stardog
On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 6:21 AM, <annelor...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

i've been trying to install stardog on windows. I know you're not particularly fond of windows, but i'm not really and expert here and i just can't seem to figure something out.

I've installed and unpacked the zipfile into C: and called it STARDOG_HOME. I have copied the license key into the STARDOG_HOME folder, along where the bin, client, docs, etc. folders are.

When i'm in my command propt, like this: C:\STARDOG_HOME> and i try the following: stardog-admin.bat server start, i get this:  'stardog-admin.bat' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

I think the command you're looking for in this instance is `bin\stardog-admin.bat server start`.

Cheers,

Mike

--
-- --

Annelore Franke

Feb 23, 2015, 7:40:02 AM2/23/15
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
Hi Mike,

thank you for your reply!!

This does help the problem that it is not recognized when i'm in the STARDOG_HOME folder, yes, thank you for that! It does not fix the problem where it won't start thought.

After i did 'bin\stardog-admin.bat server start' the command propt thought for about a second and then just gave me back the following:

C:\STARDOG_HOME>

and did not start anything.

Stephen Nowell

Feb 23, 2015, 8:18:39 AM2/23/15
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
Hello,

Since you're not getting any output from the batch file, please edit stardog-admin.bat and add the following echo statements right before the final command (%JAVA% %STARDOG_JAVA_ARGS%...):

echo %HOMEDIR%
echo %CLASSPATH%
echo %JAVA%

Then please save the file and try to start up the server again. Hopefully those echos will help us determine what's going on.

Thanks!
-Stephen

zachary...@wavestrike.com

Feb 23, 2015, 10:26:50 AM2/23/15
to sta...@clarkparsia.com, annelor...@gmail.com

It looks like you got a little confused by STARDOG_HOME. It's supposed to be an environment variable not the directory name. Although it would work as the directory name it's very confusing and it appears as though you skipped the step where you set the environment variable. Don't unzip the file to C:\STARDOG_HOME, unzip it to C:\data\stardog and run the following command as specified in the stardog docs:

> set STARDOG_HOME=C:\data\stardog

You will be much more successful if you read the documentation and follow the directions exactly.