stardog 2.2 query timeout not working in web console

1 view

Amin Tajgardoon

Nov 4, 2014, 1:29:55 PM11/4/14
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
Hi,

I've configured stardog.properties to timeout queries after 30 seconds. I can see it works in command line via query list command, but the web console stays unresponsive for 5 minutes. I even try to open a new browser, but still I cannot use the web console for 5 minutes.

Amin Tajgardoon

Nov 4, 2014, 1:40:35 PM11/4/14
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
Actually it happens when the query gets complex. With simpler queries web console is usable after the timeout period. Any comments?

--
-- --

Amin

Mike Grove

Nov 7, 2014, 10:51:05 AM11/7/14
to stardog
On Tue, Nov 4, 2014 at 1:40 PM, Amin Tajgardoon <amin.ta...@gmail.com> wrote:
Actually it happens when the query gets complex. With simpler queries web console is usable after the timeout period. Any comments?

On Tue, Nov 4, 2014 at 1:29 PM, Amin Tajgardoon <amin.ta...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I've configured stardog.properties to timeout queries after 30 seconds. I can see it works in command line via query list command, but the web console stays unresponsive for 5 minutes. I even try to open a new browser, but still I cannot use the web console for 5 minutes.

Timeouts are not immediate.  It's too expensive to check timeouts in, for example, every single iteration of a loop.  So it's not impossible that a query is in a tight loop computing a value and not able to check the timeout flag until it's complete.

Cheers,

Mike

Amin Tajgardoon

Nov 7, 2014, 1:47:56 PM11/7/14