grant user access to a database

Jasper Koehorst

Aug 22, 2014, 2:13:47 AM8/22/14
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
It might sound a bit silly but I have created a user.

With the following settings. But when I login as the user it only sees 3 undefined databases while one of them it should have access to. What setting am I missing?

Resource TypeResource NamePermissions
CDRWGKX
dbmydb

Edgar Rodriguez

Aug 22, 2014, 9:38:30 AM8/22/14
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
Hi Jasper,

Stardog has a different set of permissions that can be applied to a DB. The permissions you assigned are only for db operations. All the information shown in the admin web console is metadata, so you need to add the metadata permissions too.

When a user creates a db (having the permission to do so), there's a set of permissions that are automatically assigned and will let the user view/modify db settings (attached), you can adjust these permissions to the level of access you want to grant to the user to let him see/manage the DB from the admin web console. However, we'll improve the way unavailable dbs are shown in the list.

For more information about permissions you can refer to the stardog security model in [1]

Best,
Edgar

--
-- --