Federated Query: Remote Endpoint returns json

1 view

charbe...@gmail.com

Apr 7, 2016, 1:09:35 PM4/7/16
to Stardog
Hello,

Just a quick question to check if a remote endpoint (federated query) can return json instead of xml.

Is it something supported? on the roadmap?

Thank you
Charbel

Michael Grove

Apr 7, 2016, 1:12:23 PM4/7/16
to stardog
On Thu, Apr 7, 2016 at 1:09 PM, <charbe...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

Just a quick question to check if a remote endpoint (federated query) can return json instead of xml.

The SPARQL service engine uses SPARQL protocol to communicate with remote endpoints. Any valid SPARQL result syntax is supported.

Cheers,

Mike

--
-- --

charbe...@gmail.com

Apr 7, 2016, 2:14:51 PM4/7/16
to Stardog
Thank you Michael for your answer,

Stardog sends to my remote endpoint in the header: accept: application/sparql-results+xml
Is there any way to force application/sparql-results+json

When I return json, I have the following error: com.complexible.stardog.plan.eval.operator.OperatorException: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 1; columnNumber: 1; Content is not allowed in prolog.
When I googled it, it seems to be from an xml sax parser.

Thank you,
Charbel

Michael Grove

Apr 7, 2016, 2:19:23 PM4/7/16
to stardog
On Thu, Apr 7, 2016 at 2:14 PM, <charbe...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thank you Michael for your answer,

Stardog sends to my remote endpoint in the header: accept: application/sparql-results+xml
Is there any way to force application/sparql-results+json

When I return json, I have the following error: com.complexible.stardog.plan.eval.operator.OperatorException: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 1; columnNumber: 1; Content is not allowed in prolog.
When I googled it, it seems to be from an xml sax parser.

No way to force it. We'll improve this (#2893) in an upcoming release.

Cheers,

Mike

charbe...@gmail.com

Apr 7, 2016, 2:43:59 PM4/7/16