maven repo for spring libraries

Samir Batla

Jun 12, 2013, 11:15:32 AM6/12/13
to sta...@clarkparsia.com

Do you have any plans for hosting a maven repo for all the stardog libraries? Right now, its very difficult to compile the java library stardog-spring.  With Gradle, it does compile but fails to export the classes as a jar file. I think the lib folder in stardog has spring 2.x version, Gradle build file ignores these jar files, still the build fails. It will save lot of time for the developers if you create a maven repo.

Kendall Clark

Jun 12, 2013, 11:18:38 AM6/12/13
to stardog
Yes.

For the 2.0 release, all of the client and server JARs will be separated. The client stuff will be released open source and hosted on Github and Maven Central.

That should make developing Java programs against server APIs and with client APIs a lot simpler.

Cheers,
Kendall

--
-- --

Al Baker

Jun 12, 2013, 11:37:28 AM6/12/13
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
Samir,

You can drop the stardog-1.2.x/lib/org.springframework folder with the 2.5.6 jars.  Despite all variants of exclude clauses, Gradle still appears to pick it up and cache it.  I have a follow up with the Gradle team on this behavior of the fileTree API which finds/pulls in everything.

Per Kendall's note, this will be fixed in the 2.0 release where the Stardog client dependencies will be first class citizens and all build tools w/ dependency management (Ant+Ivy, Maven, Gradle, etc) will handle them appropriately.

Al

Samir Batla

Jun 12, 2013, 11:49:12 AM6/12/13
to sta...@clarkparsia.com