Are people using Stardog under Win64, accessign from .NET?

Alex Jouravlev

Dec 18, 2012, 10:20:12 PM12/18/12
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
Is it feasible?

Mike Grove

Dec 19, 2012, 7:50:15 AM12/19/12
to stardog
I do know that dotNetRDF [1] provides bindings for Stardog by implementing its HTTP protocol and that there is at least one person using that library, so it's an option.  I don't know what else our Windows users are working with, but that's the only .Net library with Stardog support that I'm aware of.

Cheers,

Mike

On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 10:20 PM, Alex Jouravlev <businessa...@gmail.com> wrote:
Is it feasible?

--
-- --

Ron Michael Zettlemoyer

Dec 19, 2012, 8:34:27 AM12/19/12
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
As Mike mentions, it is.  I've been using dotNetRDF and Stardog on Win64 servers for quite a while now without any issues.

One of many cool things about dotNetRDF is that it'll give you SPARQL 1.1 update capabilities even though Stardog doesn't support it natively yet.

On Tuesday, December 18, 2012 10:20:12 PM UTC-5, Alex Jouravlev wrote:
Is it feasible?

Kendall Clark

Dec 19, 2012, 8:51:32 AM12/19/12
to stardog
On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 8:34 AM, Ron Michael Zettlemoyer
<ron.zet...@fynydd.com> wrote:
> As Mike mentions, it is. I've been using dotNetRDF and Stardog on Win64
> servers for quite a while now without any issues.
>
> One of many cool things about dotNetRDF is that it'll give you SPARQL 1.1
> update capabilities even though Stardog doesn't support it natively yet.

To be very clear, Stardog doesn't yet support update in the query
language; we've supported update in the various data access protocols
from the beginning.

Cheers,
Kendall

Rob Vesse

Dec 19, 2012, 12:10:46 PM12/19/12
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
Yep, that's how we provide SPARQL 1.1 Update support for Stardog and other
stores without native SPARQL Update support. We translate the update
commands into their equivalent operations in the HTTP API, be aware that
the translation may not be perfect especially if you start throwing blank
nodes into the mix.

When Stardog adds native SPARQL 1.1 Update support we'll be adding support
for that in our API as well

Rob