Modify the GUI

1 view

Rui Li

Jul 21, 2015, 2:34:03 PM7/21/15
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
hi,

I am new to Stardog. This is an amazing product!

I'd like to simplify the web console GUI to hide some non-useful features. Can download the code and do our own modification? If not, what's the best practice?

Thanks!

Rui

Kendall Clark

Jul 21, 2015, 2:44:10 PM7/21/15
to stardog
Hi,

There isn't presently any way to customize Web Console in this way.

Cheers,
Kendall

--
-- --

Rui Li

Jul 21, 2015, 3:12:32 PM7/21/15
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
Thanks, Kendall, for your quick reply! Then what's best option, use the JavaScript API to develop my own web server?

Rui

Jul 21, 2015, 3:14:40 PM7/21/15
to stardog
I'd be happy to suggest some options or avenues of development, but I'm afraid I have no idea what you are trying to accomplish.

Maybe if you could say more about that, then I and other people could offer some suggestions.

Cheers,
Kendall

On Tue, Jul 21, 2015 at 3:09 PM, 'Rui Li' via Stardog <sta...@clarkparsia.com> wrote:
Thanks, Kendall, for your quick reply! Then what's best option, use the JavaScript API to develop my own web server?

Rui

There isn't presently any way to customize Web Console in this way.

Cheers,
Kendall

Rui Li

Jul 21, 2015, 3:53:15 PM7/21/15
to sta...@clarkparsia.com
Sorry for being too brief.

Stardog has a web console to connect to the DB. The link is: http://localhost:5820/. The GUI is great. However the query part is tough for people who are not familiar with Sparql. So I'd like to have a web GUI that provides a predefined form for the user to fill out some field then run the query in the background and show the result. This means I have to modify the GUI or develop my own. I feel developing my own is too over killing because I only need some simple change.

Thanks.

Rui

Jul 22, 2015, 9:13:08 AM7/22/15
to stardog

On Tue, Jul 21, 2015 at 3:50 PM, 'Rui Li' via Stardog <sta...@clarkparsia.com> wrote:
So I'd like to have a web GUI that provides a predefined form for the user to fill out some field then run the query in the background and show the result. This means I have to modify the GUI or develop my own. I feel developing my own is too over killing because I only need some simple change.

​I would develop the UI you think is appropriate in Javascript and wire it into Stardog via stardog.js; if other functionality of the Console is useful you can integrate it into the UI you create via hypertext links.

Cheers,
Kendall​