Creating my own Boinc app

May A

Jul 8, 2020, 1:21:47 AM7/8/20
to boinc_projects

Hi all,

I am looking to create my own Boinc app. I am having slight difficulty parsing through the documentation to understand the steps and logic. Here's what I have done -- installed Boinc server from source on Ubuntu PC, created a project with example_app using the "make_project" script. This runs and can be added on a Boinc GUI client on another machine (Mac).

I want to create a project without the --test_app option to the make_project script, and add my own app, a simple Python script that consumes some CPU, so that through a Boinc client, I can add my this project and see some activity done by that script on client logs. Any links to readily available resources appreciated.

Sorry if this is a repeat question.

Thanks.

Vitalii Koshura

Jul 8, 2020, 4:38:19 AM7/8/20
to May A, boinc_projects
Hello May,

It would be great if you can connect to Discord channel ( https://discord.gg/wPRafUq ). There we have several people who recently started with their project and also many other people who can help you and answer your questions faster than here.

Best regards,
Vitalii Koshura