NumberFields@Home unreachable

Dennis Sydekum

Jan 14, 2021, 4:40:06 AM1/14/21
to boinc_p...@ssl.berkeley.edu
Hello,

the project NumberFields@Home seems to be unreachable since 2 or maybe 3 days. BOINC manager gives me this message:

14.01.2021 03:11:55 | NumberFields@home | Fetching scheduler list
14.01.2021 03:12:12 |  | Project communication failed: attempting access to reference site
14.01.2021 03:12:13 |  | Internet access OK - project servers may be temporarily down.

Pinging the server, mimas.la.asu.edu also timed-out.

Does anyone know know what happened and when the project me back online again?

Eric Driver

Jan 14, 2021, 11:08:03 AM1/14/21
to boinc_p...@ssl.berkeley.edu

Sorry, I've been meaning to find a way to communicate this.

We had a hard drive crash.  We had to get approval for a new one, it has now been ordered, and we are just waiting for it to arrive.  I am told it should be installed sometime next week.

Eric

Contact

Jan 19, 2021, 2:57:26 PM1/19/21
to boinc_projects, edri...@cox.net
Hello Eric, I posted about this in our forum here  https://boincsynergy.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?p=48#p48

Feel free to update us with any news in those threads also.

Cheers,
Alex