SAVE THE DATE :: 20th BOINC Workshop :: May 29-31

Matthew Blumberg

Jan 28, 2024, 3:25:41 PMJan 28
to boinc_p...@ssl.berkeley.edu, boinc...@ssl.berkeley.edu, BOINC Developers Mailing List, boinc_...@ssl.berkeley.edu, boinc-tea...@googlegroups.com, boin...@googlegroups.com, boin...@googlegroups.com
Hi all --

Just a head's up to save the date for the upcoming 20th anniversary BOINC Workshop, which will be May 29-30 (and likely 31) in Geneva.

– The agenda and locations are still to come, but at least one day will be at CERN.

There are a range of open-science events ongoing in Geneva that week, which we're working to integrate with; and which you might want to attend to some degree in any event...
Or course there are a lot of other things to do in Geneva before and after.  In particular, for those interested, a hike (details also TBD) on Saturday June 01.

So: hope to see you all there;
and stay tuned for further details....

Best Wishes,
...Matt

(*I'm sending this early heads-up as flights, in particular, will start to get more expensive soon....)

Matthew Blumberg

Feb 25, 2024, 8:00:02 PMFeb 25
to boinc_p...@ssl.berkeley.edu, boinc...@ssl.berkeley.edu, BOINC Developers Mailing List, boinc_...@ssl.berkeley.edu, boinc-tea...@googlegroups.com, boin...@googlegroups.com, boin...@googlegroups.com
Hi all -- further info on the upcoming 20th anniversary BOINC Workshop,
which will be May 29-30-31 in Geneva.

[1] Travel
  • By air: GVA is the recommended airport
  • By rail: Geneva Cornavin Station is a useful rail terminal (*and general orientation point; see below)
[2] Lodgings / Locations

The agenda is still a work in progress, as we're aiming to integrate with other open-science events ongoing in Geneva during the same week.  Some of our events will be at CERN, and some at venues in Geneva.  So we're suggesting everyone stay in the area of the Cornavin train station -- This is 30mins by tram to CERN, 15 mins to our expected locations in Geneva. (Map)

(In case useful: CERN provides this list of local hotels)

More news to follow; hope everyone can join us --

Best Wishes,

...Matt