How to create additional results?

yoyo

Mar 5, 2023, 4:12:45 AM3/5/23
to BOINC Projects, BOINC Developers Mailing List
Hello,

one of my running subprojects finishes and now I'm facing the long tail problem.
For the remaining running workunits I want to send out additional results.
Initially target_nresuts was 2 and quorum also.
For the remaining workunits I set
target_nresults=target_nresults+2 and transition_time=now().
But additional results are not created, they are only created if an result finishe (or timed out).

So question is how can I create additional results?

yoyo

Rytis Slatkevičius

Mar 5, 2023, 4:22:23 AM3/5/23
to yoyo, BOINC Projects, BOINC Developers Mailing List
transition_time is unixtime. Use unix_timestamp() instead of now(), or simply set to zero.

Pagarbiai,
Rytis Slatkevičius
+370 670 77777

yoyo

Mar 5, 2023, 4:26:25 AM3/5/23
to Rytis Slatkevičius, BOINC Projects, BOINC Developers Mailing List
Thank you!