Missing validat*.o objects

Davide Di Croce

Dec 5, 2022, 7:34:36 AM12/5/22
to boinc_dev
Hi,

I've just started learning how to create a BOINC project, and currently trying to understand the validators and assimilators.

I am trying the examples of validator and assimilator outside the BOINC source tree using the makefile example (https://github.com/BOINC/boinc/blob/master/sched/Makefile.example).

However when I try to compile I get these errors:
g++: error: /afs/cern.ch/user/d/ddicroce/boinc/sched/validator.o: No such file or directory
g++: error: /afs/cern.ch/user/d/ddicroce/boinc/sched/validate_util.o: No such file or directory
g++: error: /afs/cern.ch/user/d/ddicroce/boinc/sched/validate_util2.o: No such file or directory

It looks like that I missed these objects. Should I have create these objects before? And how? As the existing Makefile in sched folder is very complex, it is not easy for me to understand which dependency files I need.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Davide,