BM 7.16.10 for MacOS

Georges Vinotte

Aug 29, 2020, 8:02:06 AM8/29/20
to boinc_alpha
Hi Team,

I saw that BM 7.16.10 is available for MacOS, so I tested it.

After a Clean install, the wizard opens with unknown project selected (with a warning: this project is not registered with BOINC...), not to the project selection list.
So, 'Add project' is not working, only 'Use account manager' is available.

No issues when we upgrade from a previous version of BM.

Cheers,
Georges

dan wisniewski

Aug 29, 2020, 9:06:48 AM8/29/20
to Georges Vinotte, boinc_alpha

‘upgraded’ from .9 - and I also see the same issue as before - Tools -> ‘Add Project’  comes up empty.  ( Testing on MacOS 11.0 Beta 20A5354i )

.6 still is OK with regards to ‘Project manager’.

cheers!
dan

Art Masson

Aug 29, 2020, 12:40:40 PM8/29/20
to dan wisniewski, Georges Vinotte, boinc_alpha
Same problem “add project comes up empty” with upgrade from .9 on MacOS  Big Sur Beta 4 (20A5354i)

Art

Sent from my iPhone XR

Richard Haselgrove

Aug 29, 2020, 1:30:09 PM8/29/20
to Art Masson, dan wisniewski, Georges Vinotte, boinc_alpha
Similar with home build of v7.16.10 (from tag) under Windows 7/x64

Richard Haselgrove

Aug 29, 2020, 1:47:34 PM8/29/20
to boinc_alpha
This would appear to be linked with PR #3954

"When a client and manager start up and there are no projects attached,

the client checks for a project_info.xml and passes its into to the manager."

I do have projects attached

I don't have a project_info.xml file.