Statistics Tab - Zero Seeding of Averages - 7.20.2 and 7.22.2

Tony_B

Jul 5, 2023, 3:51:06 PM7/5/23
to boinc_alpha
It appears to me that the Host Average is likely something like 20 days trailing, with a Zero Seed.  See here screenshots from a new BOINC install on a new Host.  The sum for the 20 days shown is ~300K.
Stats - Host Total.png  Divided by 20 this would be ~15k per day.  The screenshot of the Host Average doesn't flatten out to that point until about day 20.  Even more telling, is if I suppose it is a zero seeded 20 trailing average and stipulate Day 1 equals 15k, then 15k/20= 750, which is appox what is shown in the Host Averages screenshot.
Stats - Host Total.png
In order to better reflect early/recent performance changes, I propose seeding all averages with first record seen, whether trailing or not.

Thank you,
Tony_B
Stats - Host Average.png
Stats - Host Total.png

Tony_B

Jul 5, 2023, 3:54:27 PM7/5/23
to boinc_alpha, Tony_B
Mistake pasting the Host Average Screenshot in-line above.  Here's the correct screenshot showing ~15k/day plateau at ~day 20, and ~750 on day 1:
Stats - Host Average.png