BOINC client 8.0 available for testing

David P. Anderson

Mar 28, 2024, 7:47:38 PMMar 28
to BOINC Alpha Mailing List
Versions are available for all platforms (Win, Mac, Linux, Android).
Linux versions are now released as packages for common distros
(Debian, Ubuntu, Fedora, openSUSE); see

Release notes for version 8.0 are here:

There are a lot of changes so please test thoroughly,
including clean install if possible.

Report test results here:

Let me know if any problems.
Thanks for your help!

-- David

Bill Barber

Jun 15, 2024, 1:04:13 PMJun 15
to David P. Anderson, BOINC ALPHA
Mac 10.13.6 Boinc 8.0.2

I installed the new version of Boinc 8.0.2. I am getting the same error as I did with boing 8.0. When I restart my computer I get this error message:

Boinc ownerships or permissions are not set properly. Please reinstall boinc. Error code - 1202 at /Library/Application Support/Boinc Data/projects/virtualbox

When I start boinc I get the message during startup that this library is removed

Sat 15 Jun 13:03:08 2024 |  | Setting up project and slot directories
Sat 15 Jun 13:03:08 2024 |  | projects/virtualbox is not a project dir - removing

Bill