Running BOINC projects for many many years and want now to enable GRC Pool Membership

Jason Jowett

Aug 20, 2020, 10:58:52 AM8/20/20
to boinc_alpha

I wonder if all the work I've already committed counts as debt for a Currency !! It's no easy feat nontheless, and seems the GRC wallet won't link, while the projects are setup, still nothings ticking over on GRC on total MAG (what is that?). So it really pays in cryptocurrency for work on projects like Rosetta or Milkyway? I thought that was stricly for fiscal processing, banking as its said.

JSJ

Nicolás Alvarez

Aug 20, 2020, 11:53:43 AM8/20/20
to Jason Jowett, boinc_alpha

> On 20 Aug 2020, at 11:58, Jason Jowett <jason....@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I wonder if all the work I've already committed counts as debt for a Currency !! It's no easy feat nontheless, and seems the GRC wallet won't link, while the projects are setup, still nothings ticking over on GRC on total MAG (what is that?).

GRC is not part of BOINC. If you have questions about GRC, ask on their forums.

> So it really pays in cryptocurrency for work on projects like Rosetta or Milkyway? I thought that was stricly for fiscal processing, banking as its said.

You'll get less than you spend in electricity; do it for the science, not for the money.

--
Nicolas

David Chubrick

Aug 20, 2020, 11:57:49 AM8/20/20
to Jason Jowett, Boinc_alpha Email List

This isn't a support point for BOINC.

Please get support on GridCoin's site directly. Make sure you carefully read and follow the tutorial exactly. If you still have issues, post to their forum DIRECTLY (not Boinc).

Note, you have to be on the Gridcoin team. It's not optional which is why i didn't join.

You can do bitcoin or other xcoin related services in relation to Boinc but it's neither as easy to get started or as beneficial as Gridcoin.

Yavanius

On August 20, 2020, at 07:58, Jason Jowett <jason....@gmail.com> wrote:

I wonder if all the work I've already committed counts as debt for a Currency !! It's no easy feat nontheless, and seems the GRC wallet won't link, while the projects are setup, still nothings ticking over on GRC on total MAG (what is that?). So it really pays in cryptocurrency for work on projects like Rosetta or Milkyway? I thought that was stricly for fiscal processing, banking as its said.

JSJ

David Chubrick

Aug 24, 2020, 12:29:23 PM8/24/20
to Nicolás Alvarez, Jason Jowett, Boinc_alpha Email List
Well, the other aspect is folks donate what they may make to the projects of their choice, but the intricacies of that are beyond the scope of this mailing list...

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/ssl.berkeley.edu/d/msgid/boinc_alpha/0EDAF428-5059-4F29-B565-0D803D6558B6%40gmail.com.