Floor Hockey Helmets

di...@specialolympicsontario.ca

Feb 27, 2014, 2:09:49 PM2/27/14
to floorhoc...@specialolympicsontario.ca

Special Olympics Ontario requires  Floor Hockey Coaches to check every helmet  being used in Floor Hockey programs  at regular intervals; to ensure that they are CSA approved. Non CSA approved helmets are NOT to be used in any setting (practice or competition) and should be immediately removed from programs.  . Players  will not be allowed to play without a CSA  approved helmet. Athletes are subject to safety checks and removal from play  for equipment violations.

CSA certified products, have a certification sticker  on them.  Hockey helmets sold in Canada carry three stickers because the helmet manufacturers are required to meet three standards, namely
  Canadian             - CSA Sticker
  American             - HECC (with expiry date 5 or 6.5 years)
  European Union  - CE Marker

The certification sticker that should be verified for play, is the presence of the CSA certification label on the helmet. This is for the protection of all our players.

It is important to make sure the helmet is in good shape, Helmets that are  cracked, have loose fitting or missing liner pieces or that have been subjected to severe blows should be replaced. Also, check the screws for chin strap and cages to make sure they are there and are tight.

Please note, “Masquerader” helmets, often referred to as “Street Hockey Helmets” that are NOT CSA approved and are not be used.

If you have any questions; please contact Dia Sue-Wah-Sing, Sport Developer, di...@specialolympicsontario.com.

Murray

Dec 22, 2016, 9:48:15 AM12/22/16
to SOO Floor Hockey
My name is Murray Uprichard. My friend Lisa Jones has 2 boys that would like to continue playing floor hockey,however their helmets are no good. Where can she get helmets, which need to be specially made to fit their heads. She is a very busy lady with 4 special needs kids, that is why I am doing the inquiring.

Murray Uprichard

Thankyou

If you have any questions; please contact Dia Sue-Wah-Sing, Sport Developer, dias@specialolympicsontario.com.