Do you play undet cover?

Cathy Croteau Ottawa

Aug 15, 2018, 5:57:11 PM8/15/18
to SOO Bocce
Our season of 10 weeks has so far been rained out 6 times. I'm looking for an indoor or covered alternative. If you play in a gym what kind of floor covering if any do you use? We may be able to access a covered outdoor hockey rink pad. If so what kind of flooring should we get to cover the concrete base? Would we even need one?

Any suggestions based on experience are welcomed.

Bocce Provincial Convenor

Aug 15, 2018, 6:24:07 PM8/15/18
to Cathy Croteau Ottawa, SOO Bocce
Hi Cathy. It was a terrible summer, weather wise, for all outdoor sports. In the fall-winter-spring seasons, London athletes play bocce in a school gym using the green indoor/outdoor carpet. You might be able to get a discount to purchase through a national sponsor like Home Hardware. The carpets are 60 X 8. They are fairly flexible - storage is the only issue with these carpets.

Other persons use school hallways to put down their carpets if gyms are not available,

I hope this helps.

Regards
Rick
Sent from my iPad