Athletics Development Conference Call Minutes April 29, 2012

9 показвания
Преминаване към първото непрочетено съобщение

Meely Yim

непрочетено,
17.05.2012 г., 15:31:2517.05.12 г.
до SOO Athletics (Track & Field)
Athletics Development Conference Call Notes
Sunday April 29, 2012

1. Welcome, Call overview
Community Representatives: Orillia, Windsor

2. Sport Development
Programs at capacity: Barrie

Access to High Jump Standards and mats.
Q: How do i teach high jump if i do not have equipment?
A: Contact the school board permit office to find out what schools
have available equipment. You can also connect with another club in
the Region/District or local University that has.

Q: Where can I go to find resources?
A: is there a place at Special Olympics for resources? Special
Olympics Canada has a great coaching guide www.specialolympics.org .
Athletics Canada resources can be found by visiting
http://www.athletics.ca/search.asp?keywords=resources&search_type=web

3. Sport Technical
No changes to rules.
Click Here to View the Complete Special Olympics Canada Rules for
Athletics

4. Competition Development
Discussion, Ideas and Training Concerns:
- Provincial Qualifiers New Age Group - Age groups are as follows
8-11, 12-15, 16-21, 22-29, 30-39, and 40+,
- Provincial Qualifiers packages will be out June of 2012
Divisioning at Nationals and Worlds is by ability. At the Provincial
Qualifier level, we are using age groupings + ability levels.

Q: Where can I find a competition opportunities?
A: A list of competition and events across the province can be found
on the Special Olympics Ontario events page at
events.specialolympicsontario.com

Q: What is the recommended training and how do I go about giving the
best to my athlete?
A: Create a list of goals. Select a reachable time frame to achieve
those goals. Track progress on a spreadsheet. Delegate tasks between
your coaches and junior coaches. Training twice a week is recommended
to maximize performance.
Q: How many meets are recommended before a Provincial Qualifier?
A: Depending on ability, 3 would be the ideal number. We want athletes
to have opportunity to attend competitions.

Q: When we go to competitions we do not have t-shirts, do other teams
have something that?
A: Many clubs have dri fit or singlets.

For fundraising information please visit our Information Portal at
info.specialolympicsontario.ca You can also get in touch with Michael
Chung, our Marketing Resources Coordinator at Special Olympics Ontario
at 1-888-333-5515, 416-447-8326 x.233 or by email at
mich...@specialolympicsontario.com

Other
If anyone has any questions or concerns regarding this call please
feel free to contact Dia Sue-Wah-Sing, Sports & Coach Education
Developer at Special Olympics Ontario at
1-888-333-5515 x234, 1-416-447-8326 x234 or by email at
di...@specialolympicsontario.com
Отговор до всички
Отговор до автора
Препращане