API 509

Aaron Phillips

Jun 8, 2020, 11:22:55 AM6/8/20
to Dandelion Support Forum
Hi,

Since last night, our usage of Dandelion API (classification + entity extraction) has stopped working.

For each item we process, we first try make n Dandelion API call for classification, then entity extraction.

All of our item processing is blocked by 509 http responses for classification.

Looks like the service/API may be down?

Any information would be great, maybe Dandelion could offer a statuspage so we can avoid using support mechanisms for short term availability problems.

Many thanks,
Aaron

Roberto Santoro

Jun 9, 2020, 4:33:26 AM6/9/20
to Dandelion Support Forum
Dear Aaron,

on our side everything looks fine. Can you write a detailed example of a request which fails, specifying the endpoint you call, the parameters you use, and the error message you get?

Thanks,

Roberto Santoro
Dandelion API team

Aaron Phillips

Jun 9, 2020, 1:42:54 PM6/9/20
to Dandelion Support Forum
Hi Roberto,

I think this may have been unfortunately specific to the items we were processing at the time.

I can see our processing pipeline has moved on past specific items all returning 509 for classification using a URL rather than text.

We do handle the 509 response, however I was misguided by an unusually high error rate on our side.

I'll provide the endpoint and which params we set.

Endpoint: https://api.dandelion.eu/datatxt/cl/v1
Params:
lang=en
url= ...
model=our model id
token=our account token
top_entities=10
include=types,abstract,categories,annotations

We set an additional HTTP request param of a maximum request time of 120s.

Roberto Santoro

Jun 16, 2020, 5:30:07 AM6/16/20
to Dandelion Support Forum, aaro...@googlemail.com
Hi Aaron,

given the error and the request, the issue was due to a temporary problem of the proxy service which we use to fetch the webpage in the "url" parameter.
You should not be experiencing it anymore. If it happens again, please let us know.

Have a nice day,
Roberto Santoro
Dandelion API team