NER task using dandelion with python

Massimo Guarino

Apr 23, 2020, 4:33:40 PM4/23/20
to Dandelion Support Forum
Good evening,
I'm working on a project and I've to extract named entities and their uris and labels (person, work, org, places, etc...). I'm also interested in tuning all the parameters
I found in the demo version (top_entitites, more tags/more precision). The problem is that I should do all the previous tasks in Python (I've already installed dandelion_eu).
While I've already red your api documentation, I would be very glad if you can help me to handle all this stuffs
in Python! (Is there an online tutorial I can follow in order to achieve a better understandigs of Dandelion in python, e.g. to extract categories as person, work, etc...?)

Many thanks in advance for all your assistance,
Best Regards,
Massimo

Giacomo Berardi

Apr 24, 2020, 5:43:46 AM4/24/20
to Dandelion Support Forum
Hi Massimo,
the Python client allows to use any parameter documented in https://dandelion.eu/docs/api/datatxt/nex/v1/

Following the first example, you could perform a call like:

datatxt.nex(text='Oh my, arduino is super cool, so #opensource', top_entities=10)

regards

Giacomo Berardi
Dandelion team

Massimo Guarino