Downloading data

Vishnu Anirudh

Feb 15, 2014, 1:33:56 PM2/15/14
to dand...@spaziodati.eu
Hi,

I am taking part in Telecom Italia Big Data Challenge. I want to download the datasets but I am not able to figure out from where I am supposed to do that. Can you please help me in this regard?

Regards
Vishnu

Stefano Parmesan

Feb 15, 2014, 1:51:53 PM2/15/14
to dand...@spaziodati.eu
Hi Vishnu,

It really depends on which datagem you want to download. Some datagems come with static resources, some provide an API, some other both. Please check out the tabs available in each datagem view:
- preview: (only if the datagem supports access through the API) allows to see the data in a user-friendly interface (a table or a map);
- API: (only if the datagem supports access through the API) helps you building your queries and see the data;
- resources: (only if the datagem contains static files to download) lists the static resources associated to this datagem, which could be zip, csv, shp, or any other kind of data files.

HTH

--
Dott. Stefano Parmesan
Backend Web Developer and Data Lover ~ SpazioDati s.r.l.

Vishnu Anirudh

Feb 15, 2014, 1:59:55 PM2/15/14
to dand...@spaziodati.eu
Thanks.
I will be glad if you can provide me the link. I have searched almost every page of dandelion.eu

/Vishnu

Stefano Parmesan

Feb 15, 2014, 2:15:52 PM2/15/14
to dand...@spaziodati.eu
Dear Vishnu,

It seems something is wrong with your profile, as your account is not enabled to access the Telecom BigData Challenge datagems. This is probably due to an issue we had in late January, which regarded some user registration.

Please follow again the activation link you received from Telecom on January the 14th, you will be redirected to a form in which you will be asked to integrate your profile. You will be redirected to the datagems after a few steps.

Sorry for this, let me know if you see something out of place.

Best,