Telecom Italia Big Data Challenge vehicles.csv

t.c.h...@gmail.com

Jun 5, 2014, 12:02:39 PM6/5/14
to dand...@spaziodati.eu
I entered into the Telecom Italia Big Data Challenge and am working with the datasets provided. I noticed that I no longer have information about the entries in the vehicles.csv. Does anyone here have information on what the values in this file represent? Thanks.

Stefano Parmesan

Jun 6, 2014, 4:00:14 AM6/6/14
to dand...@spaziodati.eu
Hello there,

Could you please explain me your issue? The Telecom Big Data Challenge ended some weeks ago, and the data and all the documentation is not accessible anymore. We're working with Telecom to make the data available again, but there are some legal issues involved.

Thanks

--
Dott. Stefano Parmesan
Backend Web Developer and Data Lover ~ SpazioDati s.r.l.

Darakhshan Mir

Jun 23, 2014, 1:27:53 PM6/23/14
to dand...@spaziodati.eu
Hi,
My group has a similar problem, we use the vehicles.csv dataset for our work, but don't have access to what the different columns mean anymore. Any help in this regard will be much appreciated. We know that the first column of the vehicles.csv dataset corresponds to the encrypted ID and the one of the other columns, represent the type of the vehicle, but we don't have access to that key any more.
It would be really helpful if someone could share the key with us, we have the datasets, just don't have the "key".
Thanks!
Darakhshan

Stefano Parmesan

Jun 24, 2014, 4:38:22 PM6/24/14
to dand...@spaziodati.eu
Hi Darakhshan,

If I get it right, the dataGEM you are talking about is the "Area C", the one with "details about the vehicles entering the central Cerchia dei Bastioni area of Milan city."

The data is still closed, we are working with Telecom to make it publicly available to everybody. But the schema, as you point out, should not be protected by copyright, so I'm copy/pasting it here, hope it helps.

Vehicle Dataset:

  • Plate: the encrypted plate of the vehicle. TYPE: string
  • European emission standard category: the European emission standard category of the vehicle. It can have on of the following values:
    • 0: not available
    • from 1 to 7: from Euro 0 to Euro 6

TYPE: numeric

  • Vehicle type: the type of the vehicle. It can have one of the following values:
    • 0: not available
    • 2: bus
    • 3: freight transport
    • 4: people transport
    • 1: other

TYPE: numeric

  • Fuel type: the kind of fuel used by the vehicle. It can have one of the following values:
    • 0: not available
    • 1: petrol
    • 2: diesel
    • 3: electric
    • 4: LPG/natural gas
    • 5: Hybrid

TYPE: numeric

  • DPF: the availability of a diesel particulate filter. It can have one of the following values:
    • 0: missing information
    • 1: diesel particulate filter available
    • 2: diesel particulate filter not available

TYPE: numeric

  • Length: the length of the vehicle expressed in millimeters. A value 0 will represent the case in which the length of the corresponding vehicle is not available.  TYPE: numeric.

Darakhshan Mir

Jun 24, 2014, 4:41:18 PM6/24/14
to dand...@spaziodati.eu
Hi Stefano,
Thank you so much for your help, I really appreciate it! This is exactly what we need!
Best,
Darakhshan