OpenRefine and API for Named Entyties

Alfonso Carlone

Feb 10, 2019, 12:58:39 PM2/10/19
to Dandelion Support Forum
Hi,
someone can help me  using OpenRefine and  Dandelion API to perform a  Named entity extraction?

It doesn't work?
I'm using named entity recognition configuration box:

App ID:  the token id

There is something wrong?

:

ber...@dandelion.eu

Feb 12, 2019, 6:58:31 AM2/12/19
to Dandelion Support Forum
Hi Alfonso

those parameters are deprecated however they are still used on some of our clients.
You must set the token for both the parameters App ID and App Key, and it should work

Regards

Giacomo Berardi
Dandelion Team

graham...@bl.uk

Mar 13, 2019, 1:52:05 PM3/13/19
to Dandelion Support Forum
Hi Giacomo

I'm also having trouble using Dandelion in Open Refine for the first time (using the Named Entity Extraction extension). I've entered my token in the App ID and App Key fields, but when I click "Start Extraction", it just seems to buffer, showing the phrase "Working". I've waited 20 minutes or more, but nothing happens. My Open Refine project has just a few rows of basic data that I'm using to test the functionality. Is it normal for it to say "Working" for so long? Do I need to be more patient? Or does it sound like there a problem I need to resolve? If so, any ideas what that might be?

Thanks

Graham

ber...@dandelion.eu

Mar 14, 2019, 9:28:42 AM3/14/19
to Dandelion Support Forum
Hi Graham,

you should not have this problem, actually the Openrefine plugin seems to work after some test.
Can you please tell us which Refine and plugin version are you using?
Moreover, can you see some log message from the interface?

Cheers
Giacomo Berardi
Dandelion team

graham...@bl.uk

Mar 15, 2019, 5:08:43 AM3/15/19
to Dandelion Support Forum

Hi Giacomo

Thanks for replying.

- OR version 3.1

- Named Entity Recognition extension downloaded via: http://freeyourmetadata.org/named-entity-extraction/

Capture - About NER extension.PNG

- When I click "Configure Services", I'm entering the token in the App ID and App key fields under the header "dataTXT"

Capture - NER Configure Services.PNG

- when I run the extraction process, I select "dataTXT" and leave the settings as I find them

Capture - NER Options.PNG

- When I click "Start extraction" I see "Working ..." in the middle of the screen. That is the only on screen message at work. when I tried at home, it also says "Javascript: {}" in the bottom left corner.

Capture- NER Working....PNG

If any further info would be helpful, just let me know.

Thanks

Graham

ber...@dandelion.eu

Mar 15, 2019, 10:29:34 AM3/15/19
to Dandelion Support Forum
Hi Graham,

we have verified that the plugin is not compatible with OpenRefine version 3.1.
For example, we have tested it with OpenRefine 2.7 and it actually works.

Unfortunately we are not the authors of the plugin.
You could contact the author or try with another version of OpenRefine