Named Entity extraction fails if given name of a person

Sergei Sokolov

May 29, 2020, 1:06:44 AM5/29/20
to Dandelion Support Forum
 I am trying to check for the People support Dandelion API provides. I want to find information about F.B. Skinner and type his last name: https://dandelion.eu/semantic-text/entity-extraction-demo/?text=Skinner&lang=auto&min_confidence=0.6&exec=true#results If I run this I get an error:

"

Something wrong happened, we're investigating.

"

Please, take a look into that.
Thank you.

Giacomo Berardi

May 29, 2020, 1:42:39 PM5/29/20
to Dandelion Support Forum
Hi Sergei,
unfortunately we have problems with some languages in beta. Setting the `lang` on auto one of these extra languages is probably wrongly selected.
I suggest you, especially for this very ambiguous short text, that is not related to a language (given it is a person name), to explicitly choose a language, e.g.:

Cheers

Giacomo Berardi
Dandelion team