How to recognize technologies

Guru Teja Pulavarty

Nov 21, 2018, 12:39:35 AM11/21/18
to Dandelion Support Forum
Hi,

I need to identify only Technologies / skills from the response, Is there a way to do it?

eg: if a string contains java, then it gets recognized as programming_language but not as Technology. How can I make it to detect it as Technology / skill

ber...@dandelion.eu

Nov 21, 2018, 11:25:45 AM11/21/18
to Dandelion Support Forum
Hi Guru,
it is not easy to connect concepts that have multiple semantic relations with different entities.
In the case of your example the semantic relation to the concept of language is the primary.
You could explore categories and types returned by using the "include" parameter (see https://dandelion.eu/docs/api/datatxt/nex/v1/):
- The DBpedia type can be further expanded exploring the relative Wikidata class, e.g. http://dbpedia.org/ontology/ProgrammingLanguage -> https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q9143
- The categories give you Wikipedia categories for an entity

Hope this help
Cheers

Giacomo Berardi
Dandelion team
http://spaziodati.eu

Guru Teja Pulavarty

Nov 22, 2018, 12:53:42 AM11/22/18
to Dandelion Support Forum
Hi,

Thanks for the response Giacomo,
So taking the required DBpedia types and comparing with the dandelion response is my only option, right?

eg: I should be having programming_language and Database DBpedia types to detect those related keywords like oracle, sql, J2EE etc.

ber...@dandelion.eu

Nov 27, 2018, 9:03:15 AM11/27/18
to Dandelion Support Forum
Hi Guru,
yes, I would use DBpedia types, by creating a static list of interesting classes and compare the with Dandelion responses

Cheers
Giacomo