Updating version of Track Hub Settings from v1 to v2

Brian Lee

Jan 25, 2017, 8:01:13 PM1/25/17
to track...@soe.ucsc.edu
The main track hub settings page has been updated from v1 to v2:

Now the default display on the page will be v2.

The main reason we are going to a v2 version of the page is that we expanded documentation about new supported track types, specifically bigMaf, bigPsl, bigChain, bigGenePred and bam as cram.

There were also some "full" settings that moved to become more portable "base" settings:

autoScale
colorByStrand
html
priority
spectrum

You can see the differences by running the following commands where all the required and base level settings will display:
$ hubCheck -settings -level=base -version=v1
$ hubCheck -settings -level=base -version=v2

The purpose of the "base" level settings is to try to capture what settings on the page that are likely to be common and supported by other sites that support Track Hubs.  The full list of setting levels are "required", "base", "deprecated", "full", and "new". All the "new" settings in v1 were promoted to the status "full" in v2. No setting was deprecated.

All the best,
Brian Lee