Version 2 of Track Database Definitions released

Brian Lee

Mar 17, 2017, 3:22:27 PM3/17/17
to track...@soe.ucsc.edu
We're happy to announce that we recently released version two of our Track Database Definition Document. This document includes all of the currently supported track configuration options (trackDb) for track and assembly hubs in the UCSC Genome Browser.

This latest version includes settings for our latest "big" track types: bigMaf, bigChain, bigPsl, and bigGenePred. As well as the "CRAM" track type. This newest version also marks the movement of some trackDb settings (html, priority, colorByStrand, autoScale, spectrum) from the "full" to the "base" support level to indicate that they are supported by other genome browsers. At this time, it is primarily Ensembl that supports the use of these new "base" settings in track hubs on their site.

Additionally, we have posted a new blog post that discusses the versioning of these trackDb settings and how you can use hubCheck to see if your hubs are compatible with other genome browsers.

---

Matthew Speir
UCSC Genome Bioinformatics Group