Accessing genomes in 470-way alignment (broken links and unknown handles)

Ilia Minkin

Jul 15, 2024, 3:56:52 PM (10 days ago) Jul 15
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hi,

I am trying to download the genomes used for the 470-way MultiZ alignment and run into the following issues.

1) Some of the links posted on the alignment webpage (https://genome.ucsc.edu/cgi-bin/hgTrackUi?db=hg38&g=cons470way) seem to be broken. For example, link to  Odobenus rosmarus divergens genome (https://genome.ucsc.edu/cgi-bin/hgTracks?db=odoRosDiv1) leads to a "Can not find database 'odoRosDiv1'" page. I found 40 such genomes (list posted below)

2) The alignment includes a number of genomes from DNA Zoo. How can I find the handles used for these genomes in the actual MAF file? For example, I can guess that "Pan troglodytes Jan. 2018 (Clint_PTRv2/panTro6)" is panTro6 in the MAF file, but what is "DNA zoo Panthera onca"?

List of 40 genomes leading "Can not find database" error:

macNem1
colAng1
manLeu1